If you caught my last brussels sprouts recipe, then you know that we’re a sprouts-eatin’ family! In fact, the leafy green vegetable is one of my partner’s favorites… and, if prepared correctly, it can be one of mine too.
However, my partner is also obsessed with anything buffalo-flavored at the same time. This obsession started with the buffalo cauliflower wings at one of our favorite local vegan restaurants, Lovin’ Spoonfuls, and quickly spiraled out of control. Almost anywhere we go, he tries to customize his dishes to include buffalo sauce in some way, shape, or form.
It would only, then, fall under my girlfriend-ly duties to try and bring the best of both worlds together.
I whipped up this recipe on a whim, using ingredients found in my kitchen at the time. (And yes, I recognize that not everyone keeps a gigantic bottle of buffalo wing sauce in their cupboards at all times… but you live your life, and we’ll live ours!)
This was the perfect side dish to our dinner that evening (salmon burgers, in case you’re curious) but would be a great accompaniment to any main course: meat, seafood, or your favorite plant-based protein.
Just in case you’re curious: the buffalo wing sauce we used was from Sweet Baby Ray’s. We picked it up while we were shopping at Walmart (surprisingly) and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s full-flavored, spicy, and has a buttery finish. But the best part? It’s 100% vegan.
Oven-Roasted Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
Total Time: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking
- 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. buffalo wing sauce of choice
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While waiting for your oven to pre-heat, wash, de-stem, and halve your Brussels sprouts.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to fully incorporate.
- Lay Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While your sprouts are baking, melt your vegan butter and mix with buffalo sauce.
- After removing your Brussels sprouts from the oven, place them in a bowl and toss to incorporate into buffalo sauce mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!